H520E RTK (REAL TIME KINEMATICS)
Centimeter-level accuracy thanks to Real Time Kinematics
One of the fastest RTK systems in the world
The commercial Hexacopter H520E receives one of the fastest and most reliable RTK systems in the world. Fully integrated into the H520E, it ensures the highest precision and the fastest possible operational readiness even under difficult GPS conditions like in cities, canyons or forests. Thanks to Real Time Kinematics satellite navigation the new H520E RTK will be able to stand in the air with centimeter accuracy, enabling extremely precise, repetitive photos, faster 3D mapping and more accurate, even automated, inspection flights.
2 components for a centimeter-level positioning
The system works with 2 components, an RTK module on board of the H520 and a base station. In less than 30 seconds it can reach a centimeter-level accuracy, also under challenging GPS conditions (with respect to the base station). For an absolute global centimeter-level accuracy and in case you don't want to use a base station, the system can also be operated with a network RTK reference station (Network RTK through third party provider, needs an internet connection, additional fees may apply).
Real Time Kinematics - Application areas
The RTK system is an important part of commercial applications where highest precision is required. A classic field of application is 3D mapping, for example with Pix4D, Dronedeploy or Altizure software. With the help of RTK, there are significantly lower image overlaps which means that less photos and thus a shorter flight and calculation time are necessary. In addition, inspections can be much closer to the desired object because the drone's location will be precise down to the centimeter. This precision is also a great advantage when comparing several images taken on different days, for example to document a construction progress.
The RTK module enables precise positioning even in challenging environments and is fully integrated into the H520E, hardware and software wise. This means that you still have the full range of functions of the award-winning DataPilot software. All data, including raw GNSS data, can be logged on board. Thus, the system is also already for PPK (Post Processed Kinematics).
H520E RTK - Key Features
- RTK (Real Time Kinematic) module for high accuracy relative positioning: 1 cm + ppm horizontal / 1.5 cm + ppm vertical
- Keep cm precision in even GNSS challenging environment (e.g. between high buildings)
- For faster and more precise mapping (e.g. complex surveying, inspections, mapping, 3D displays)
- 5 Hz update rate of position, velocity and time
- Fully integrated to YUNEEC H520E
- All data including raw GNSS data and real time solution can be logged on board - ready for PPK (Post Processed Kinematics)
- Support signals of up to 3 GNSS constellations among GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and BeiDou
- Compatible with all existing Yuneec H520E camera payloads
- Network RTK or Base Station needed.
YUNH520E-RTKEUThe set includes:
Yuneec H520E RTK Drone
ST16E groundstation with neck strap
Charger power supply
Adapter to power the charger from the car lighter socket
Mini panel antenna
Micro USB cable
Technical Specification coming soon - stay tuned!